It’s up to you to shape the next generation of labor and social-justice leaders! Become a Friend of the Labor Center and together we can ensure that our talented students will continue to strengthen worker and immigrant rights.
The Labor Center places more than three hundred trained student interns per year with some of the most dynamic labor unions and nonprofits in Los Angeles and across the nation. The Labor Summer Research Internship Program, the Student Leadership Academy, and the Dream Summer Internship Program prepare our young people to assume leadership for our future.
Here are a few of our interns’ contributions:
- Developed sensitive curriculum for labor leaders on immigrant youth issues and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- Assisted with organizing two campaigns by probing and building committees within Vernon
- Prepared contract language, outreached to union members and supported community activities
- Creating popular education materials for the Labor Commissioner on how to file claims for unpaid wages and retaliation
- Writing a report for the City of Seattle on Project Labor Agreements and Local Hire Ordinances to drive high-road employment in the construction industry