The UCLA Dream Resource Center is looking to hire an Alumni Coordinator and two Project Coordinators. The deadline to apply has been extended from June 29, 2021 to July 9, 2021. Applications are now due July 9, 2021.
Overview & Candidate Characteristics
The UCLA Dream Resource Center (DRC), a program team of the UCLA Labor Center, trains the next generation of diverse leaders—immigrant youth and allies with lived experiences—to be at the forefront of social justice movements and achieve equity and justice for workers, families, and communities. The DRC believes that anyone can be a leader and make positive social change in their communities and that everyone deserves the right to learn, be healthy, and pursue their dreams—regardless of their immigration status.
The Alumni Coordinator and Project Coordinators will help advance the DRC’s mission; continue the legacy of building immigrant youth power; and uplift, connect, and channel the collective power of over 750 alumni across the nation. Ideal candidates for the positions:
- Have an understanding of the immigrant rights, labor, and social justice movements.
- Are friendly, engaging, and great public speakers.
- Are self-driven; however, know how to ask for help when needed.
- Can build and cultivate relationships with various communities, people, stakeholders, partner organizations, funders, etc.
- Are collaborative, work well with different teams, and demonstrate effective facilitation skills.
- Are problem solvers, innovative, organized, patient, and timely.
- Have an understanding of fundraising, fund development, and communications.
- Are knowledgeable on CRM databases and can organize a lot of data.
- Have experience in curriculum development, event planning, report creation, and supervising large groups of people.
Requisition Number: 33695
The Alumni Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the UCLA Dream Resource Center’s (DRC) Alumni Council and Network. The Alumni Coordinator will:
- Oversee the DRC Alumni Council and Network project planning, budget development, and management.
- Facilitate effective teamwork among project staff and represent the DRC at external events.
- Serve as a liaison with project funders and aid in fundraising efforts, develop project grant applications and reports, and evaluate and report on project effectiveness.
- Oversee project implementation, including developing outreach strategy and tracking benchmarks, building strategic partnerships for the program, developing media strategy to promote the program, reviewing and selecting participants, facilitating training sessions, direct training and mentoring of participants and volunteers, managing participant engagement in external training conferences and events, connecting participants to mentors and other resources, and engaging DRC program alumni.
- Participate in the management and implementation of other DRC activities.
Please review the full details for this position on the UCLA Career Opportunities website.
Project Coordinator 1 (Requisition Number: 33690)
Project Coordinator 2 (Requisition Number: 33694)
The Project Coordinators will conduct research on immigrant student issues and plan, coordinate, and implement UCLA Dream Resource Center programming (including leadership development trainings, fellowships, conferences, and workshops). The responsibilities of the Project Coordinators include:
- Planning and development of agendas and curriculum.
- Implementation of DRC leadership, education, and training workshops and conferences.
- Program facilitation, outreach and recruitment, program evaluation, budgeting, maintaining relationships with stakeholders, and oversight of related clerical detail.
- Conducting education and outreach to immigrant youth networks nationwide through public speaking and social and traditional media.
- Outreaching to funders and writing funding proposals and narrative reports for funders.
Please review the full details for these positions on the UCLA Career Opportunities website.
How to Apply & View Job Details
To apply and view the full job details of each position, please follow these instructions:
- Go to the UCLA Career Opportunities website.
- Click on the “Search Jobs” tab.
- Enter the listed “requisition number” of the position you are applying for in the appropriate search field box.
- Click “search.”
- To view the position details and apply to the position, click on the “view” link below the Job Title.
If you need a visual guide for these instructions, please watch this video.
For questions, please contact the UCLA Dream Resource Center at email@example.com.