UCLA Labor Center & APALA to Launch Racial Justice Workshop Summer Series
With generous support from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, the California Department of Social Services, and the Cathay Bank Foundation, the UCLA Labor Center and the Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance (APALA) launched a Racial Justice Campaign in 2022. The campaign is educating workers and community activists in order to:
- Build multi-ethnic unity for racial justice
- Advance API labor and community alliances to support worker organizing
- Defend women’s rights and reproductive justice
- Promote Asian American and Pacific Islander civic participation
- Support the rights of immigrant workers and youth
In July and August, we are holding five online workshops that will bring together labor and community leaders for conversations about racial justice, organizing, reproductive rights, political power, and immigrant rights. By the end of each workshop, participants will be informed and empowered to take action throughout the coming year on these key issues.
RSVP for the workshops here.
If you have any questions, please email EmpoweringAPI@gmail.com.
Read about Workshop 1: Racial Justice, and watch the recording
Watch Workshop 3: Reproductive Justice
Watch Workshop 4: Political Power
UCLA Labor Center and APALA co-host racial justice forum at AFL-CIO headquarters