2017 Dream Summer Host Organizations
The application for Dream Summer 2017 has closed
What is Dream Summer?
Dream Summer is a national, ten-week fellowship of the UCLA Labor Center’s Dream Resource Center. Moving into its seventh year, Dream Summer has provided over 550 fellowship opportunities to immigrant youth and allies throughout the country. Dream Summer:
- Empowers immigrant youth to be the next generation of social justice leaders through professional and leadership development opportunities.
- Creates safe and healing spaces for immigrant youth to connect with each other and explore their identities.
- Promotes an intersectional, cross-racial, and multi-generational approach to social justice that addresses the needs of immigrant communities.
“Collaborating with Dream Summer has manifested into an array of advantages for our organization. All fellows have successfully managed to connect the LBIRC with the community in a very holistic manner. The staff at the LBIRC have been able to provide close mentorship for all Dream Summer fellows, which has led to the development of cross generational and intersectional services for the Long Beach immigrant community.
—Dr. Kristine Zentgraf, Executive Director, Long Beach Immigrant Rights Coalition
Is your organization interested in hosting a Dream Summer fellow?
Since the groundbreaking launch of Dream Summer in 2011, the Dream Resource Center has partnered with hundreds of social justice organizations nationwide. Host organizations have proclaimed the benefit of having insightful, skilled, and driven immigrant youth at their organizations. In just ten weeks, Dream Summer fellows make valuable contributions to an organization’s projects, campaigns, and programs.
How to apply?
- Read the 2017 host application guide
- Fill out the Host Organization Interest Form by April 7, 2017
- Email email@example.com for questions
Note: Please Contact Dream Summer Staff if your organization requires a deadline extentsion.