Immigrant Justice Fellowship
The Immigrant Justice Fellowship (IJF) is a project of the Dream Resource Center (DRC). It is a statewide rapid response fellowship that serves as a platform for immigrant youth to protect and empower immigrant communities.
IJF is an eight-month, part-time fellowship across six regions in California: Orange County, Inland Empire, Los Angeles, Central Valley, Silicon Valley, and Sacramento. One fellow is placed per region and each fellow is partnered with a host organization for a total of 20 hours per week. During the fellowship, each fellow works with their respective host organization and the Dream Resource Center to support, strengthen, and lead regional rapid response initiatives and networks. The fellowship begins in February 2019 and concludes in September 2019. Each fellow receives monthly leadership award of $2,000.
Fellows are expected to work with their host organization and the Dream Resource Center on the following:
- Lead educational, “Know Your Rights” events in local communities.
- Engage in strategy sessions with local and regional Rapid Response Networks.
- Develop trainings to disseminate resources to immigrant communities.
- Help connect immigrant communities to services, information, and resources to support their health and well-being.
- Engage local and county elected officials to ensure support for pro-immigrant policies.
- Support in changing the narrative of immigrant experience.
Fellows participate in four retreats to: (1) develop their personal, professional, and leadership capabilities; (2) learn from and engage with immigrant justice leaders; (3) utilize storytelling to shape narratives, public opinion, and influence policy; and (4) to reflect on their experience with the fellowship.
2019 Immigrant Justice Fellowship Applications Are Officially Closed
Potential fellowship applicants and host organizations can review the following documents for reference; however, the deadline to submit a 2019 application has passed. Applications for the 2019 Immigrant Justice Fellowship are officially closed. We will announce when 2020 applications are open and update all of the documents below with new instructions: